Group:
Administrator

Le nuove date sono 4 - 5 - 6 Giugno.

Pronte? Michelle si è già iscritta al forum! ^_______^

Web  Top
michelle willingham
view post Posted on 2/6/2008, 02:15

Hello to all!

I wish I could speak Italian, but thankfully Google has a translation feature that is allowing me to read some of your posts translated. I'll do my best to answer any questions. Feel free to ask them in either Italian or in English, but I'm afraid I'll have to do all of my answering in English. Thank you so much for inviting me!

I'll be stopping by over the next week or two, so anything you want to ask is welcome.

I think I saw one earlier question, wondering whether Her Warrior King would be translated into Italian. Sadly, they don't tell us when translations will happen. I was surprised to find out that both Her Irish Warrior and The Warrior's Touch were translated. Maybe if you write to Mondadori, you could ask and see. I think there's a good chance that it will be.

Also, I think someone asked if I was planning to do stories for the other two brothers, Ewan and Trahern. I definitely plan to write their stories, but they may not be until 2009. I'm hoping to convince my editor to let me write Ewan's story next. I do have a book coming out in November in the U.S. (also available online for those of you who read English). It's called Her Warrior Slave and it tells the story of a MacEgan ancestor, Kieran. In that book, I go into the origins of the MacEgan clan and you might be surprised how they began.

Thanks again for having me here, and ask any questions you like! :)

view post Posted on 2/6/2008, 11:04

Group:
Administrator

Eccoci ad iniziare la nostra sessione con Michelle, mi raccomando a tutte di fare domande sintetiche, in modo che io possa tradurle senza spremermi le meningi.

Vi do anche una bella notizia: Michelle ha gentilmente offerto un libro (a scelta in inglese o in italiano) per fare un contest tra le partecipanti. Tutti i nomi di chi lascierà una domanda verranno uniti e sorteggiati (lo farò io, quindi esco dall'estrazione). Alla fine estrarrò una vincitrice che sceglierà il suo premio, un motivo in più per partecipare!!!

(For Michelle: I asked to do simple question so I can translate them easily for you. In addition I explained that you kindly offered one of your books to extract a winner.)

CITAZIONE (michelle willingham @ 2/6/2008, 03:15)
Hello to all!

I wish I could speak Italian, but thankfully Google has a translation feature that is allowing me to read some of your posts translated. I'll do my best to answer any questions. Feel free to ask them in either Italian or in English, but I'm afraid I'll have to do all of my answering in English. Thank you so much for inviting me!

I'll be stopping by over the next week or two, so anything you want to ask is welcome.

I think I saw one earlier question, wondering whether Her Warrior King would be translated into Italian. Sadly, they don't tell us when translations will happen. I was surprised to find out that both Her Irish Warrior and The Warrior's Touch were translated. Maybe if you write to Mondadori, you could ask and see. I think there's a good chance that it will be.

Also, I think someone asked if I was planning to do stories for the other two brothers, Ewan and Trahern. I definitely plan to write their stories, but they may not be until 2009. I'm hoping to convince my editor to let me write Ewan's story next. I do have a book coming out in November in the U.S. (also available online for those of you who read English). It's called Her Warrior Slave and it tells the story of a MacEgan ancestor, Kieran. In that book, I go into the origins of the MacEgan clan and you might be surprised how they began.

Thanks again for having me here, and ask any questions you like! :)

Traduco per chi non mastica l'inglese:
Ciao a tutti!
Mi sarebbe piaciuto parlare italiano, ma per fortuna Google ha il traduttore che mi permette di leggere alcuni dei vostri commenti. Farò del mio meglio per rispondere a tutte le vostre domande. Fatele sia in inglese che in italiano, anche se temo che tutte le mie risposte saranno in inglese. Grazie mille per avermi invitata!
Passerò nel forum la prossima settimana o magari anche per due settimane, quindi ogni domanda è ben accetta.
Penso di aver visto una domanda che chiedeva se 'Her warrior king' sarà pubblicaato in italiano. Purtroppo non ci avvisano quando i nostri romanzi vengono tradotti. Sono stata sorpresa di sapere che sia 'Her Irish warrior' e 'The warrior's touch' sono stati pubblicati. Magari potete provare a scrivere alla Mondadori, chiedete e vedete un pò. Penso che ci sia una buona possibilità che venga pubblicato anche da voi.
Poi, mi pare che qualcuno abbia chiesto se avevo pianificato di scrivere le storie degli altri due fratelli, Ewan and Trahern. Sicuramente scriverò le loro storie, anche se probabilmente non lo farò fino al 2009. Sto sperando di convincere il mio editore di farmi scrivere la storia di Ewan come prossimo libro. Ho un romanzo in uscita in America questo Novembre (disponibile anche online per chi legge in inglese). E' intitolato 'Her warrior slave' e racconta la storia di un progenitore del clan MacEgan potreste essere sorprese di scoprire come è iniziato tutto.
Grazie ancora per avermi invitata, fatemi pure tutte le vostre domande.

---
Another question from friederike:
On your website I've read your biography in which you said that writing was a passion that you had from your childhood but that it became a profession just lately. What's the first advice you'll give to someone who wants to take this road?

I'll ask something about your profession: how do you start your day? There is a special moment to write?

Web  Top
Mairin
view post Posted on 2/6/2008, 14:40

Hi Michelle, here is Elisabetta, welcome on board!
I would like to ask you what are your plans for the next book: Still Medieval Ireland or a different location and century?
Thank you very much!

silviarella
view post Posted on 2/6/2008, 20:36

Volevo lasciare una domanda per l'autrice, mi spiace solo che devo lasciarla in italiano, sperando e pregando chi gestisce il foro di darmi una mano nella traduzione.
Grazie inifinite anticipate.

La mia domanda è questa:
C'è mai stato un personaggio della vita reale che hai conosciuto e che hai descritto in un tuo libro facendolo diventare un personaggio, principale o secondario che fosse?

Grazie di nuovo
Silvia

michelle willingham
view post Posted on 2/6/2008, 22:23

Friederike: For someone who wants to become a writer, I would recommend that they write every day and also try to submit their work for publication. Even if it's only a sentence, the more you write, the better you become.

Many people write and never attempt to be published because they're afraid. But all of us have rejection letters, and you just have to realize that it's part of the process. I think I could cover the walls of a room with all the rejections I've received! :0

Also, when you eventually reach your goal, it never gets any easier. You have to really love what you do because with every book or story, your skills get stronger and you become more critical of yourself.

Writing is one of the hardest jobs around, and often people give up before they ever reach publication. I knew that I wanted to write, even if I was never published, because it's something that I love. I can't ever imagine not writing. So even through the rough times, I keep going because of my love of stories. :)

Miraphora:

I have three children, ages 6, 4, and 6 months. In the mornings, I'm usually getting them ready for school or daycare and then I go to work at my day job as a teacher. I don't start my writing until after the children have gone to bed (and luckily since they're so young, they go to bed early). :) I write every night and during the summer holidays when I'm not teaching, I'll write 4 or 5 hours a day in the morning. I love my summers.

I'm hoping one day soon to stop teaching and write full-time, but we'll see what the future holds!

Hi Elisabetta!

The book I am working on now is set in England, in 1850. The working title is Wedded to the Enemy and it's about an Earl who wakes up from an accident and he can't recall the last three months of his life. More importantly, he learns that he's married to his childhood sweetheart, and she's understandably upset that he can't remember a a single moment of their marriage. There is a murder mystery blended with the romance, and the heroine loves to cook, so I've included some recipes in the story. It's been a fun change for me.

I will probably return to the medieval time period, or perhaps even Viking, after that. :)

Silvia: I have never used a real person in my books, but I sometimes will use characteristics of people. For instance, I teach 12-year-old boys in my day job, and when I wrote the character of Ewan, I included some things that I've seen my students do. For instance, it's always startling to me how much growing boys eat! That's one thing I used in the character of Ewan. They're also very nosy and that was fun.

I'm guilty of putting my icy cold feet on my husband's in the middle of winter, to keep warm, and I used that with Bevan and Genevieve. Any man who will let his wife warm her feet on his without complaining is a keeper for me! :)

I often will use characteristics of my own children in my books, if the character is a young child. In the new book Her Warrior Slave , the hero ends up rescuing two children for the heroine. He's on his way to rescue her, but the children are with him. If you've ever traveled across the country with little ones, you know that they never use the bathroom when they're supposed to. I added some humor to the book by putting in some of the things that all children do.

friederike
view post Posted on 3/6/2008, 08:35

Che meraviglia questa conversazione con Michelle :20: , dovrebbe accadere più spesso :01: .
Lascio la mia risposta in italiano, il mio inglese scritto è una tristezza, e tra l'altro col traduttore ne escono frasi assurde :14: !
Perciò grazie infinite Mira per aver tradotto la domanda e ti chiedo se gentilmente puoi tradurre anche la risposta.

Intanto grazie di nuovo Michelle, la tua risposta è un grande incoraggiamento per chi come me ama scrivere e vuole trasformare questa passione in qualcosa di più.Sono consigli che vedrò di non dimenticare.
Per quanto riguarda la saga dei fratelli McEgan spero comunque di leggere il terzo volume in italiano, se poi ce ne sarà un quarto e un quinto tanto meglio. Nel caso lo comprerò in inglese e me lo farò tradurre. Non posso certo rimanere a metà!!!
A presto Michelle e grazie ancora.

Mairin
view post Posted on 3/6/2008, 08:42

Wow, your new book sounds great! I will surely buy it....and then the recipes what fun! How did you think about that? Where did you get the idea?

Lady Marian 87
view post Posted on 3/6/2008, 11:46

Anche io ho una domanda ma riesco a scriverla solo in italiano, mi affido a te, Mira :03:
Ecco il pezzettino da tradurre:

Prima di tutto dono un caloroso benvenuto alla nostra Michelle Willingham e le faccio i miei complimenti per i romanzi scritti, che ci hanno regalato numerose emozioni!
Dalla sua biografia, ho letto che è laureata in Letteratura Inglese quindi volevo chiederle come è nata la passione per i Classici che sicuramente avrà studiato e amato e se ha preso spunto anche da quelli per scrivere i suoi romanzi. Poi, essendo io appassionata di tutto ciò che riguarda l'Irlanda, mi piacerebbe molto sapere se anche lei ha mai visitato l'Irlanda di persona e cosa ne pensa del viaggio che ha fatto (se lo ha fatto).
Grazie di tutto, buona fortuna per i suoi prossimi romanzi che tutte noi aspettiamo con ansia! ^^

view post Posted on 3/6/2008, 13:22

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (michelle willingham @ 2/6/2008, 23:23)
Friederike: For someone who wants to become a writer, I would recommend that they write every day and also try to submit their work for publication. Even if it's only a sentence, the more you write, the better you become.
Many people write and never attempt to be published because they're afraid. But all of us have rejection letters, and you just have to realize that it's part of the process. I think I could cover the walls of a room with all the rejections I've received! :0
Also, when you eventually reach your goal, it never gets any easier. You have to really love what you do because with every book or story, your skills get stronger and you become more critical of yourself.
Writing is one of the hardest jobs around, and often people give up before they ever reach publication. I knew that I wanted to write, even if I was never published, because it's something that I love. I can't ever imagine not writing. So even through the rough times, I keep going because of my love of stories. :)

Friederike: Per una persona che vuole diventare scrittore, raccomanderei di scrivere ogni giorno e cercare anche di far pubblicare il proprio lavoro. Anche se è solamente una frase, più scrivi più migliori.
Molte persone scrivono ma non tentano di farsi pubblicare perchè hanno paura. Ma tutti noi abbiamo ricevuto lettere di rifiuto, e devi capire che è parte di questo processo. Penso che potrei ricoprire i muri di una stanza con tutti i rifiuti che ho ricevuto! In più, nel caso in cui arriverai a diventare un'autrice pubblicata, non diventa certo più semplice. Devi amare davvero quello che fai perchè in ogni storia o in ogni libro, le tue capacità diventano più forti e tu diventi più critica con te stessa. Scrivere è uno dei lavori più difficili che ci siano, e spesso le persone gettano la spugna prima di arrivare alla pubblicazione. Sapevo che volevo scrivere, anche se non sarei mai stata pubblicata, perchè è una cosa che mi piace. Non riesco nemmeno ad immaginare di non scrivere. Quindi anche nei momenti peggiori, continuo ad andare avanti proprio per l'amore verso le mie storie.

CITAZIONE
Miraphora:I have three children, ages 6, 4, and 6 months. In the mornings, I'm usually getting them ready for school or daycare and then I go to work at my day job as a teacher. I don't start my writing until after the children have gone to bed (and luckily since they're so young, they go to bed early). :) I write every night and during the summer holidays when I'm not teaching, I'll write 4 or 5 hours a day in the morning. I love my summers.
I'm hoping one day soon to stop teaching and write full-time, but we'll see what the future holds!

Miraphora: Ho tre bambini, uno di 6 anni, uno di 4 e uno di 6 mesi. La mattina, in genere li preparo per andare a scuola o all'asilo e poi vado al lavoro, faccio l'insegnante. Non inizio a scrivere fino a quando tutti e tre i miei bambini non sono andati a letto (e fortunatamente, visto che sono così piccoli, vanno a letto presto). Scrivo ogni notte e durante le vacanze estive quando non insegno, scrivo 4 o 5 ore durante la mattina. Adoro le estati. Spero che un giorno potrò smettere di insegnare e scrivere a tempo pieno, ma vedremo cosa il futuro ci riserva!

CITAZIONE
Hi Elisabetta!
The book I am working on now is set in England, in 1850. The working title is Wedded to the Enemy and it's about an Earl who wakes up from an accident and he can't recall the last three months of his life. More importantly, he learns that he's married to his childhood sweetheart, and she's understandably upset that he can't remember a a single moment of their marriage. There is a murder mystery blended with the romance, and the heroine loves to cook, so I've included some recipes in the story. It's been a fun change for me.
I will probably return to the medieval time period, or perhaps even Viking, after that. :)

Ciao Elisabetta! Il libro su cui sto lavorando è ambientato in Inghilterra, nel 1850. Il titolo per ora è Wedded to the enemy (sposata con il nemico) e parla di un conte che si risveglia dopo un incidente e non riesce a ricordarsi gli ultimi tre mesi della sua vita. In particolare, viene a conoscenza del fatto che è sposato con la sua fidanzata di gioventù, e lei è ovviamente sconvolta dal fatto che lui non ricordi un singolo momento del loro matrimonio. Unito alla trama c'è un giallo su un omicidio, e l'eroina ama cucinare, quindi ho aggiunto delle ricette nella storia. E' stato un cambiamento divertente per me. Probabilmente tornerò al periodo medievale, o forse quello vichingo, dopo questo romanzo.

CITAZIONE
Silvia: I have never used a real person in my books, but I sometimes will use characteristics of people. For instance, I teach 12-year-old boys in my day job, and when I wrote the character of Ewan, I included some things that I've seen my students do. For instance, it's always startling to me how much growing boys eat! That's one thing I used in the character of Ewan. They're also very nosy and that was fun.
I'm guilty of putting my icy cold feet on my husband's in the middle of winter, to keep warm, and I used that with Bevan and Genevieve. Any man who will let his wife warm her feet on his without complaining is a keeper for me! :)
I often will use characteristics of my own children in my books, if the character is a young child. In the new book Her Warrior Slave , the hero ends up rescuing two children for the heroine. He's on his way to rescue her, but the children are with him. If you've ever traveled across the country with little ones, you know that they never use the bathroom when they're supposed to. I added some humor to the book by putting in some of the things that all children do.

Silvia: Non ho mai usato una persona reale nei miei libri, ma a volte uso le caratteristiche delle persone. Tanto per cominciare, io insegno ai ragazzini di 12 anni, e quando ho scritto di Ewan, ho incluso alcune cose che ho visto fare ai miei studenti. Per esempio, è sconvolgente per me vedere quanto mangino i ragazzi di quella età! E questa è una cosa che ho sfruttato per Ewan. I ragazzini sono anche molto rumorosi e questo è divertente. Sono colpevole di avvicinare i miei piedi congelati a quelli di mio marito durante l'inverno, per tenermi al caldo, e ho usato questo per Bevan e Genevieve. Qualunque uomo che lascia che sua moglie si riscaldi i piedi sui suoi senza lamentarsi è da tenerlo stretto. Uso spesso anche le caratteristiche dei miei bambini, se il personaggio è un bambino. Nel nuovo libro Her warrior slave, l'eroe salva due bambini per l'eroina. Stava per salvarla, ma i due bambini sono con lui. Se avete viaggiato attraverso un paese con bimbi piccoli, sapete che non usano mai il bagno quando devono. Ho aggiunto un pò di ironia al libro inserendo tutte le piccole cose che i bambini piccoli fanno.

CITAZIONE (friederike @ 3/6/2008, 09:35)
Che meraviglia questa conversazione con Michelle :20: , dovrebbe accadere più spesso :01: .
Lascio la mia risposta in italiano, il mio inglese scritto è una tristezza, e tra l'altro col traduttore ne escono frasi assurde :14: !
Perciò grazie infinite Mira per aver tradotto la domanda e ti chiedo se gentilmente puoi tradurre anche la risposta.

Intanto grazie di nuovo Michelle, la tua risposta è un grande incoraggiamento per chi come me ama scrivere e vuole trasformare questa passione in qualcosa di più.Sono consigli che vedrò di non dimenticare.
Per quanto riguarda la saga dei fratelli McEgan spero comunque di leggere il terzo volume in italiano, se poi ce ne sarà un quarto e un quinto tanto meglio. Nel caso lo comprerò in inglese e me lo farò tradurre. Non posso certo rimanere a metà!!!
A presto Michelle e grazie ancora.

This conversation with Michelle it's wonderful, we should do it more often!
I'll leave my question in italian, my written english is not good and the automatic translator doesn't work.
First of all thank you Michelle, your answer is a good encouragement for who loves writing e wants to change it from passion to something more. These are advices I will surely remember.
Concerning the MacEgan series I hope to read one day the third book in Italian, but if there will be a fourth or a fifth all the better! In that case I'll buy it in english and I'll ask to someone to translate it. I don't wanto to leave the series in the middle!
Thank you again Michelle.

CITAZIONE (Lady Marian 87 @ 3/6/2008, 12:46)
Anche io ho una domanda ma riesco a scriverla solo in italiano, mi affido a te, Mira :03:
Ecco il pezzettino da tradurre:

Prima di tutto dono un caloroso benvenuto alla nostra Michelle Willingham e le faccio i miei complimenti per i romanzi scritti, che ci hanno regalato numerose emozioni!
Dalla sua biografia, ho letto che è laureata in Letteratura Inglese quindi volevo chiederle come è nata la passione per i Classici che sicuramente avrà studiato e amato e se ha preso spunto anche da quelli per scrivere i suoi romanzi. Poi, essendo io appassionata di tutto ciò che riguarda l'Irlanda, mi piacerebbe molto sapere se anche lei ha mai visitato l'Irlanda di persona e cosa ne pensa del viaggio che ha fatto (se lo ha fatto).
Grazie di tutto, buona fortuna per i suoi prossimi romanzi che tutte noi aspettiamo con ansia! ^^

First of all I wanto to give Michelle a warm welocme and I wanto to give her my compliments for her books, which gave us many emotions! I've read in your bio that you have a degree in English literature so I wanted to ask you how was borne you passion for the classic you probably had studied and loved and if you take ideas from them to write your stories. And then, being myself interested in everything about Ireland, I'd like to know if you ever went visit Ireland and what do you think of the journey you made (if you did).
Thank you and good luck for you next books we all are waiting for!

Web  Top
*Morwen*
view post Posted on 3/6/2008, 13:52

Hi Michelle, :05: Thanks for the time that you are dedicating us, my questions are:
1) talking about your books, is there a character that you prefer? Why?
2) which are your favourites books? Are there some writers that you like better or someone that you have recently discovered?
Thank you very much, bye :01:

Claudia B
view post Posted on 3/6/2008, 14:04

Prima di tutto grazie per la sua gentilezza e disponibilità!
Avrei due domande o curiosità. Come nasce l'idea per un libro, quali sono gli elementi da cui trae ispirazione per la trama e l'interazione dei suoi personaggi? Sa già dall'inizio del libro come andrà a concluderlo o è la storia che scrive che la porta al suo finale?

michelle willingham
view post Posted on 4/6/2008, 22:06

Elisabetta,

I love to cook, and I especially love historical cookbooks. It's really fun to see the way the ingredients they used and the techniques. I thought readers might enjoy it as well.

Lady Marian 87--

When I studied English, it was both literature and writing. I confess that I studied as many courses on writing that I could, and I enjoyed European literature, particularly medieval stories, best. While I've never used one of the myths or the stories as an inspiration, I will admit that I borrowed a few themes from Tristan and Isolde in my November book, Her Warrior Slave. The heroine's name is Iseult, and she falls in love with a man she can never have...a slave.

As for Ireland, yes, I have traveled there on two different occasions. You can see some of the pictures in the page marked For Readers on my website. I have some behind-the-scenes photographs of things that I wrote about. Please enjoy them!

Morwen,

Ewan is probably one of my favorite minor characters. As for heroes, I love them all!

As for authors I love, my favorite historical author is LaVyrle Spencer. Lately, though, I've been enjoying JR Ward. Lover Awakened is my favorite of her books.

Annika
icon4  view post Posted on 5/6/2008, 08:58

Ciao Mira, io però non letto neanche un suo libro! non saprei che cosa domandargli!
cmq spero di trovare il suo romanzo per riparare a questa mia mancanza!
ciao Annika

58 replies since 18/5/2008, 11:26   1344 views