Romance - Il forum dei Romanzi Rosa

Michelle Willingham ospite del forum!, 4/5/6 Giugno

« Older   Newer »
letylety
view post Posted on 5/6/2008, 09:02

Hi Michelle,

I read yr. books and I really hope you will continue writing MacEgan saga!
Best compliments
Letizia

giamila.72
view post Posted on 5/6/2008, 09:35

emm :20: :21: :24: io oltre a complimentarmi con lei, perchè mi è piaciuta subito la sua scrittura nella storia di Bevan e Connor, (sono gli unici che ho letto x il momento) 1- volevo sapere se ci sarà una storia d'amore anche per il grande e grosso Trahern, che mi incuriosisce anche più di Ewan... 2-e se quando ha iniziato questa saga aveva già in mente tutto il percorso x ogniuno dei fratelli o se le storie le sviluppa man mano ke le scrive... 3-oltre a scriverli i romance li legge? e se si che scrittrice preferisce? quale il libro (di una collega) avrebbe voluto aver scritto lei? ancora complimenti aspetto con ansia di leggere il suo nuovo libro...

Edited by giamila.72 - 5/6/2008, 13:41

view post Posted on 5/6/2008, 16:43

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (Claudia B @ 3/6/2008, 15:04)
Prima di tutto grazie per la sua gentilezza e disponibilità!
Avrei due domande o curiosità. Come nasce l'idea per un libro, quali sono gli elementi da cui trae ispirazione per la trama e l'interazione dei suoi personaggi? Sa già dall'inizio del libro come andrà a concluderlo o è la storia che scrive che la porta al suo finale?

First of all thank for your kindness and availability!
I have two questions. How does evolve the idea for a book, which are the elements you take inspiration from for the plotline e the character's interaction?
Do you know from the start how the book is going to end or it's the story which leads you to its end?

Web  Top
view post Posted on 5/6/2008, 17:13

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (michelle willingham @ 4/6/2008, 23:06)
Elisabetta,
I love to cook, and I especially love historical cookbooks. It's really fun to see the way the ingredients they used and the techniques. I thought readers might enjoy it as well.

Elisabetta,
Adoro cucinare, e mi piacciono in particolare i libri antichi di ricette. E' davvero divertente vedere quali erano gli ingredienti usati e le tecniche di cucina. Ho pensato che le lettrici lo avrebbero gradito.

CITAZIONE
Lady Marian 87,
When I studied English, it was both literature and writing. I confess that I studied as many courses on writing that I could, and I enjoyed European literature, particularly medieval stories, best. While I've never used one of the myths or the stories as an inspiration, I will admit that I borrowed a few themes from Tristan and Isolde in my November book, Her Warrior Slave. The heroine's name is Iseult, and she falls in love with a man she can never have...a slave.
As for Ireland, yes, I have traveled there on two different occasions. You can see some of the pictures in the page marked For Readers on my website. I have some behind-the-scenes photographs of things that I wrote about. Please enjoy them!

Lady Marian 87,
Quando ho studiato Inglese, era sia letteratura che scrittura. Confesso che ho studiato tutti i corsi di scrittura che ho potuto, mi è piaciuto il corso di Letteratura Europea, in particolar modo le storie medievali. Anche se non ho mai usato uno dei miti o delle storie antiche come ispirazione, ammetto di aver preso in prestito alcune tematiche da Tristano e Isotta per il mio romanzo in uscita a Novembre 'Her warrior slave'. Il nome della protagonista è Iseuld, e si innamora di un uomo che non potrà mai avere...uno schiavo.
Per quanto riguarda l'Irlanda, si, l'ho visitata in due occasioni. Puoi vedere alcune delle fotografie che ho fatto nella sezione 'For readers' nel mio sito. Ci sono alcune fotografie 'dietro le quinte' sulle cose che ho scritto. Guardale!

CITAZIONE
Morwen,
Ewan is probably one of my favorite minor characters. As for heroes, I love them all!
As for authors I love, my favorite historical author is LaVyrle Spencer. Lately, though, I've been enjoying JR Ward. Lover Awakened is my favorite of her books.

Morwen,
Ewan è probabilmente uno dei personaggi secondari che preferisco. Per quanto riguarda gli eroi, li amo tutti!
Parlando di autori che mi piacciono, la mia autrice preferita di romanzi storici è LaVyrle Spencer. Ultimamente pero' mi sta piacendo molto J.R. Ward. 'Lover Awakened' è il libro che preferisco.

CITAZIONE (giamila.72 @ 5/6/2008, 10:35)
emm :20: :21: :24: io oltre a complimentarmi con lei, perchè mi è piaciuta subito la sua scrittura nella storia di Bevan e Connor, (sono gli unici che ho letto x il momento) 1- volevo sapere se ci sarà una storia d'amore anche per il grande e grosso Trahern, che mi incuriosisce anche più di Ewan... 2-e se quando ha iniziato questa saga aveva già in mente tutto il percorso x ogniuno dei fratelli o se le storie le sviluppa man mano ke le scrive... 3-oltre a scriverli i romance li legge? e se si che scrittrice preferisce? quale il libro (di una collega) avrebbe voluto aver scritto lei? ancora complimenti aspetto con ansia di leggere il suo nuovo libro...

Other than give my compliments to Michelle, because I liked her style right away especially in Bevan and Connor's stories, (these are what I've read so far), I'd like to know:
1- There will be a love story for the big and great Trahern, who intrigues me more than Ewan.
2- When you started the series, did you have in mind all the single stories, or did you develope them as you were writing?
3- (again the question about you fav author, I'm skipping it - Mira) There is an another author's book you think about and say 'I would have loved to write it myself!
Thank you again, I can't wait to read one of your newest book.

---

Michelle, I'm so there with you on the J.R. Ward's books, I can't wait to read Phury's story!

I have a couple of questions. (yes, I can find time to think and not just translate :02: )
If you had to convince someone to read your books, what would you say? :27:
Do you do a lot of historical researches?

Web  Top
juneross
view post Posted on 6/6/2008, 09:01

Welcome in Italy Michelle!

E non dico altro in Inglese per fare figuracce!
E' bellissimo avere la disponibilita' di una scrittrice, soprattutto di una impegnata come te....hai 3 figli come fai a conciliare tutto?
Anche io ne ho 3 di figli e certe volte mi metterei a piangere per la disperazione.

Anche se ancora non ho avuto modo di leggere i tuoi romanzi, ho una domanda da farti:
Non e' facile scrivere di eroi che vissero nel medioevo, o giu' di li, come si fa ad immedesimarsi nel loro modo di vivere e pensare cosi diverso da noi?
Io penso che la riuscita di un buon romanzo medioevale e' proprio questo: riuscire ad intrappolare il lettore nelle mura di un castello e far rivivere sensazioni sconosciute per noi uomini moderni....

Grazie tantissimo per la tua risposta !! E tanti bacini ai tuoi bambini!!
P.S.
Perdonami Mira, sono stata un po' contorta...nel caso trillami su msn che cerchero' di spiegarmi....cosa non facile, lo so!! :))

Juneross

michelle willingham
view post Posted on 7/6/2008, 14:06

My apologies that I've missed a day in here! I will stay longer to make up for it, and answer any questions you have. :)

Claudia B--Sometimes research will lead me to a new story idea. The recipes led me to the idea for Wedded to the Enemy and when I visited Ireland, I saw a medieval wooden lathe. I imagined a wood carver as a hero when I saw the tools.

Usually, I have a vague idea of the story's turning points and how it will end, but sometimes the characters surprise me. The hardest part of the book to write, for me, is the ending. I have to tie up all the storylines, make sure the emotions hit the high points, and create a satisfying ending. It's a lot to do in less than 50 pages. :)

Giamila--I think Trahern will have a story, but it might not be a full-length book. I was asked to consider writing an online mini-book for eHarlequin, and I might use that to tell his story. Another possibility would be in an anthology.

When I started the series, I didn't have a full sense of what each hero's story would be. I knew that Bevan was the wounded hero, Patrick was the warrior king, and Connor was the flirt. Ewan is my good-natured, easy hero, and Trahern is the storyteller. Beyond that, their stories had to emerge while I was writing them.

Also, if there was a book I wish I had written myself, it would be "Morning Glory" by LaVyrle Spencer. It's a beautiful love story set during World War II in America, about a man and a widower who come together to form a family. If you've never read it, it's wonderful. I also love "The Endearment" by LaVyrle Spencer.

Miraphora--I bought Phury's book yesterday. :) Can't wait to finish it!

As for your questions, if someone asks me about my books, I tell them they're about strong, sexy warriors. If they like alpha heroes, then they'll probably enjoy the MacEgan brothers.

I do try to research everything. You can't make assumptions about how things were in the medieval era. I have at least 10-12 research books, and when I made a trip to Ireland, I planned it around locations that would help me. I met up with an archaeologist who took me to the ruins of some medieval ringforts and he answered a lot of my questions about how things worked. It was quite an adventure, pushing our way through the forest to the site of the ringfort!

Juneross--I think my children are partly to blame for my absence yesterday. I read the messages, but between feeding the baby, cooking dinner with the other two helping, and trying to work on copyedits for Her Warrior Slave, it was quite a day! :)

As for immersing the reader in medieval history, I try to write as though I am the character. I have to become the heroine and tell the world as she sees it. The same goes for the hero. He would be aware of the fortress and its defenses as he's trying to protect the woman he loves. She would be aware of the food and hospitality as she's trying to take care of him. I try not to "teach" the reader, but instead try to make the world come alive. My hope is that readers will come away with something new while still enjoying a good story.

Letizia-thank you so much for reading my books! :)

michelle willingham
view post Posted on 7/6/2008, 14:32

Also, hello to Annika!

view post Posted on 9/6/2008, 20:10

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (michelle willingham @ 7/6/2008, 15:06)
My apologies that I've missed a day in here! I will stay longer to make up for it, and answer any questions you have. :)

Vi chiedo scusa per aver saltato un giorno! Starò un pò di più per farmi perdonare, e rispondere tutte le vostre domande. :)

CITAZIONE
Claudia B--Sometimes research will lead me to a new story idea. The recipes led me to the idea for Wedded to the Enemy and when I visited Ireland, I saw a medieval wooden lathe. I imagined a wood carver as a hero when I saw the tools.
Usually, I have a vague idea of the story's turning points and how it will end, but sometimes the characters surprise me. The hardest part of the book to write, for me, is the ending. I have to tie up all the storylines, make sure the emotions hit the high points, and create a satisfying ending. It's a lot to do in less than 50 pages. :)

Claudia B
A volte la ricerca mi porta ad una nuova trama. Le ricette mi hanno portata all'idea di Wedded to the enemy e quando ho visitato l'Irlanda, ho visto un tornitore di legno medievale. Ho immaginato un intagliatore del legno come eroe appena ho visto gli attrezzi. In genere, ho una vaga idea dei punti principali della storia e di come questa finirà, ma a volte i personaggi mi sorprendono. La parte più difficile da scrivere in un libro, per me, è la fine. Devo riunire tutti i fili, e far si che le emozioni colpiscano nel punto giusto, creando quindi una fine soddisfacente. E' molto da fare in meno di 50 pagine. :)
CITAZIONE
Giamila--I think Trahern will have a story, but it might not be a full-length book. I was asked to consider writing an online mini-book for eHarlequin, and I might use that to tell his story. Another possibility would be in an anthology.
When I started the series, I didn't have a full sense of what each hero's story would be. I knew that Bevan was the wounded hero, Patrick was the warrior king, and Connor was the flirt. Ewan is my good-natured, easy hero, and Trahern is the storyteller. Beyond that, their stories had to emerge while I was writing them.
Also, if there was a book I wish I had written myself, it would be "Morning Glory" by LaVyrle Spencer. It's a beautiful love story set during World War II in America, about a man and a widower who come together to form a family. If you've never read it, it's wonderful. I also love "The Endearment" by LaVyrle Spencer.

Giamilia
Penso che Trahern avrà la sua storia, ma potrebbe non essere un romanzo lungo. Mi è stato chiesto di pensare di scrivere un e-book per la Harlequin, e penso che potrei utilizzare questa occasione per raccontare la sua storia. Un'altra possibilità sono le antologie.
Quando ho cominciato a scrivere la serie, non avevo una chiara idea di come ogni singola storia sarebbe stata. Sapevo che Bevan era l'eroe tormentato, Patrick era il re guerriero, e Connor era il dongiovanni. Ewan è l'eroe semplice e buono, Trahern è il raccontastorie.
Al di là di questo, le loro storie dovevano emergere mentre scrivevo.
In più, sul libro che mi sarebbe piaciuto scrivere, questo sarebbe Morning Glory di LaVyrle Spencer. E' una bellissima storia d'amore ambientata in America durante la Seconda Guerra Mondiale, e parla di un uomo e di una vedova che si uniscono per formare una famiglia. Se non lo avete letto, è meraviglioso. Mi piace molto anche The Endearment di Spence.
CITAZIONE
Miraphora--I bought Phury's book yesterday. :) Can't wait to finish it!
As for your questions, if someone asks me about my books, I tell them they're about strong, sexy warriors. If they like alpha heroes, then they'll probably enjoy the MacEgan brothers.
I do try to research everything. You can't make assumptions about how things were in the medieval era. I have at least 10-12 research books, and when I made a trip to Ireland, I planned it around locations that would help me. I met up with an archaeologist who took me to the ruins of some medieval ringforts and he answered a lot of my questions about how things worked. It was quite an adventure, pushing our way through the forest to the site of the ringfort!

Mira
Ieri ho comprato il libro di Phury. :) Non vedo l'ora di finirlo!
Per quanto riguarda le tue domande, se qualcuno mi chiede dei miei libri, dico loro che parlano di guerrieri sexy e forti. Se gli piacciono gli eroi alfa, probabilmente apprezzeranno i fratelli MacEagen.
Cerco di fare ricerche su ogni cosa. Non puoi fare supposizioni su come erano le cose nel medioevo. Ho almeno 10/12 libri di ricerca, e quando faccio un viaggio in Irlanda, lo pianifico in modo da visitare luoghi che mi tornano utili. Mi sono incontrata con un archeologo che mi ha portata a visitare delle rovine di fortezze medievali, ha risposto a ogni mia domanda su come erano le cose. E' stata una vera avventura, farci largo nella foresta fino al sito!
CITAZIONE
Juneross--I think my children are partly to blame for my absence yesterday. I read the messages, but between feeding the baby, cooking dinner with the other two helping, and trying to work on copyedits for Her Warrior Slave, it was quite a day! :)
As for immersing the reader in medieval history, I try to write as though I am the character. I have to become the heroine and tell the world as she sees it. The same goes for the hero. He would be aware of the fortress and its defenses as he's trying to protect the woman he loves. She would be aware of the food and hospitality as she's trying to take care of him. I try not to "teach" the reader, but instead try to make the world come alive. My hope is that readers will come away with something new while still enjoying a good story.

Juneross
Penso che i miei bambini siano in parte la causa della mia assenza di ieri. Leggo i messaggi, ma tra il dare da mangiare al piccolo, cucinare con gli altri due come aiutanti, e cercare di lavorare sulla correzione di Her warrior slave, è stato un giorno intenso!
Per quanto riguarda immergere il lettore nella storia medievale, cerco di scrivere come se io fossi il personaggio. Devo diventare l'eroina e raccontare il mondo come lei lo vede. La stessa cosa succede per l'eroe. Lui sarebbe consapevole di una fortezza e della sua difesa mentre cerca di proteggere la donna che ama. Lei invece sarebbe consapevole del cibo e dell'ospitalità mentre si prende cura di lui. Cerco di non 'istruire' il lettore, ma invece cerco di rendere vivo quel mondo. La mia speranza è che i lettori vengano via con qualcosa in più, pur apprezzando una bella storia.
CITAZIONE
Letizia-thank you so much for reading my books! :)

Letizia
grazie mille per aver letto i miei libri! :)

Web  Top
michelle willingham
view post Posted on 10/6/2008, 11:27

Did anyone have other questions? If not, I have a question for you. What are your favorite types of romance to read? If you read historicals, are there any settings that you particularly love?

juneross
view post Posted on 10/6/2008, 14:04

Bella domanda Michelle!
Bene, io leggo esclusivamente romanzi d'amore e sempre a lieto fine.
Mi servono proprio per evadere dalla realta'.
Adoro i medioevali ,anche se ogni tanto ho bisogno di staccare un po' e leggere di epoche diverse.
Il medioevale per me ha un fascino particolare, non saprei dire il perche', ma sicuro leggere di balli in maschera mi annoia non poco...
e tu quale periodo di solito preferisci leggere?

view post Posted on 11/6/2008, 17:18

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (michelle willingham @ 10/6/2008, 12:27)
Did anyone have other questions? If not, I have a question for you. What are your favorite types of romance to read? If you read historicals, are there any settings that you particularly love?

C'è qualcuno che ha qualche altra domanda? Se no, ne ho una uo.
Quali sono i tipi di romance che preferite? Se leggete gli storici, ci sono delle ambientazioni che vi piacciono in modo particolare?

CITAZIONE (juneross @ 10/6/2008, 15:04)
Bella domanda Michelle!
Bene, io leggo esclusivamente romanzi d'amore e sempre a lieto fine.
Mi servono proprio per evadere dalla realta'.
Adoro i medioevali ,anche se ogni tanto ho bisogno di staccare un po' e leggere di epoche diverse.
Il medioevale per me ha un fascino particolare, non saprei dire il perche', ma sicuro leggere di balli in maschera mi annoia non poco...
e tu quale periodo di solito preferisci leggere?

Good question Michelle!
Well, I read romances always with an happy-ending. I need them to evade from reality. I love medievals, even if sometimes I need to change and read different periods. The medieval setting has, for me, a special appeal, I don't even know why, but I can tell you that reading about masquerade balls is boring!
And what about you?

---

My answer to your question is: anything that catches my attention! The first thing I search is a plot line I'd like to read, and then there is the setting and the period. I like them all. I'm into contemporaries as well as in historicals, I like medievals, regencies...for me, everything depends on the plot line.
Oh I forgot: I'm a sucker for cowboys and vikings :22:

Web  Top
Mairin
view post Posted on 11/6/2008, 17:25

Hi Michelle,
I simply adore French history and in particular the era of Louis XIV and Reinassance Italy! :19:

giamila.72
view post Posted on 11/6/2008, 21:00

le mie preferenza variano per periodo, questo per me è quello dedicato alla guerra di secessione americana (solitamente il dopo) ma sopratutto le carovane verso l'ovest stimolano molto la mia fantasia... indiani e cawboy in particolare :19: :02: adoro il lieto fine e in particolare quando ci sono neonati paffutelli a completare il tutto... :19:

michelle willingham
view post Posted on 12/6/2008, 03:08

June Ross--I love all settings, but I especially love sexy medievals. There's something about a barbarian that is fun to read about. I also enjoy Regency and Victorian novels, as long as the dialogue is quick-witted. I get bored with the masquerade balls, also, particularly the Regencies that feel a little too much like a tea party.

Mira--oh, yes...Vikings are quite yummy. :)

Mairin--what's your favorite French-setting romance? I haven't seen very many of those.

Giamila--an author friend of mine, Jan Kenny, writes western historicals. She has wonderful cowboy heroes. :)

view post Posted on 12/6/2008, 09:51

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (michelle willingham @ 12/6/2008, 04:08)
June Ross--I love all settings, but I especially love sexy medievals. There's something about a barbarian that is fun to read about. I also enjoy Regency and Victorian novels, as long as the dialogue is quick-witted. I get bored with the masquerade balls, also, particularly the Regencies that feel a little too much like a tea party.

Juneross
Mi piacciono tutte le ambientazioni, ma in particolare mi piacciono i medievali sexy. C'è quel qualcosa di divertente da leggere su un barbaro. Mi piacciono anche i Regency e i vittoriani, basta che i dialoghi siano frizzanti. Anche a me annoiano i balli in maschera, e soprattutto nei regencies che sembrano quasi delle feste dove servono il thè.

CITAZIONE
Mira--oh, yes...Vikings are quite yummy. :)

Mira
Oh si...i vichinghi sono decisamente interessanti

CITAZIONE
Mairin--what's your favorite French-setting romance? I haven't seen very many of those.

Mairin
Qual'è il romance ambientato in Francia che preferisci? Non ne ho visti molti di questi.

CITAZIONE
Giamila--an author friend of mine, Jan Kenny, writes western historicals. She has wonderful cowboy heroes. :)

Giamilia
Una scrittrice mia amica, Jan Kenny, scrive western storici. Ha dei magnifici eroi cowboy.
---
Well Michelle, I must find Kenny's book! I couldn't possibly miss a new western author! Let's hope she's translated in italian!

Web  Top
58 replies since 18/5/2008, 11:26   1344 views